Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hannah's Honey Fried Chicken

I'd have to say this is a recipe that I made up last night on a whim.  I had chicken and panko breadcrumbs that I had bought on clearance that day.  

I wanted to do something out of the ordinary when remembered a restaurant here in town who's specialty is honey fried chicken. I  thought would give it a try by throwing some ingredients together that I had in my refrigerator.  I was pleasantly surprised of the results!



Hannah's Honey Fried Chicken
What you'll need:
  • 2 tablespoons whole-grained mustard 
  • 4 tablespoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon yellow mustard 
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 3-4 Boneless chicken cutlets (if you only have chicken breast, pound out so they are thin)
  • 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 1 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
  • canola oil
Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towel so that the chicken is completely dry.  
Mix together salt, pepper, and paprika and generously rub on to each piece of chicken.
Preheat a skillet on Medium heat with 1/2 inch of canola oil (don't do this too early or the oil will get too hot!)
In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, honey, and vinegar until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
Dip chicken in mixture, making sure to coat both sides liberally.
Mix seasoned breadcrumbs and panko breadcrumbs together in a bowl.
Dip chicken in breadcrumb mixture. 
Shake off any access breadcrumbs (an important step!)
Place chicken in skillet once oil is hot
Fry until golden brown on both sides (timing depending on thickness of chicken)

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment